Welcome to Citizens Advice Wigan Borough
Please note that due to health concerns relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our drop in services are currently unavailable.
We're still offering information and advice via:
- Telephone (0808 2787 801) - you may be asked to leave your name and number during busy periods,
- Web chat,
- Video advice, or
- Self referral.
We'll attempt to make contact on 2 occasions via your preferred channel. Please note that telephones will display an unknown caller when we call. If you have email remember to check your spam folder if you haven't heard from us.
We're looking to hire new trustees!
We are looking for people with strategic vision, independent judgement and a willingness to give...
Big Energy Saving Winter
We’re taking part in Big Energy Saving Winter. Find out how you can Check, Switch and Save on your...
Our advice on wellbeing during lockdown is featured in an article from Alliance Manchester Business School
Lessons on the digital world from the charity sector: the corporate world has a lot to learn....
Citizens Advice Wigan Borough Newsletter
What to expect when visiting us
- A welcoming reception
- An understanding approach and sufficient time to attend to your case
- A free service that is confidential, impartial, and non-judgemental
- A service that is available to all regardless of class, race, gender, sexual identity, culture or income
- Information that is accurate, unbiased and presented in a clear manner
- Provision of written notes, booklets or Information System printouts where appropriate
- Assistance in planning future action where necessary
- Effective referral of cases to other organisations when appropriate
- Effective application of the complaints procedure, if invoked