Welcome to Citizens Advice Wigan Borough
Please note that due to health concerns relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our drop in services are currently unavailable.
We're still offering information and advice via:
- Telephone (0808 2787 801) - you may be asked to leave your name and number during busy periods.
- Web chat,
- Video advice, or
- Complete the contact form on our website.
We'll attempt to make contact on 3 occasions via your preferred channel. Please note that telephones will display an unknown caller when we call. If you have email remember to check your spam folder if you haven't heard from us.
Big Energy Saving Winter
We’re taking part in Big Energy Saving Winter. Find out how you can Check, Switch and Save on your...
Our advice on wellbeing during lockdown is featured in an article from Alliance Manchester Business School
Lessons on the digital world from the charity sector: the corporate world has a lot to learn....
We share our top tips for Black Friday shopping in Wigan Today
Residents are being urged to make sure they shop safe and smart as they head online for some of...
How to get help
If you wish to seek advice by email, please use our contact form as it will allow us to help you more quickly.
For advice over the phone, you can call our Adviceline on 0808 2787 801. More info on this page.
If you're thinking of dropping in, please see our drop-ins page for opening times at our offices and outreaches.
Make a difference
Citizens Advice Wigan Borough is a charity that provides a vital service for thousands of people living across Wigan and Leigh. But to do so, we need you to help us support your community by volunteering with us.
So join us today and make a difference to hundreds of peoples' lives -- and your own.
Get in touch
Call: 01942 709 709
What to expect when visiting us
- A welcoming reception
- An understanding approach and sufficient time to attend to your case
- A free service that is confidential, impartial, and non-judgemental
- A service that is available to all regardless of class, race, gender, sexual identity, culture or income
- Information that is accurate, unbiased and presented in a clear manner
- Provision of written notes, booklets or Information System printouts where appropriate
- Assistance in planning future action where necessary
- Effective referral of cases to other organisations when appropriate
- Effective application of the complaints procedure, if invoked
Outside the borough?
Please Note -
For those living outside of Wigan Borough, please enter your postcode or town in the search box below to find your local Citizens Advice office.