We're looking for a social media volunteer
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic social media volunteer to join our Communications and Campaigns team.
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and Citizens Advice Wigan Borough
- create engaging and compelling content for social media
- schedule and post content across all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- help to share what local Citizens Advice does with local press or radio
- encourage conversations between our brand and followers
- share your ideas for how we can improve brand engagement through social media
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- learn about a range of issues that affect our clients such as benefits, debt, employment and housing
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening, marketing and advertising
- increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team
- have a positive impact in your community
- have fun with a great group of colleagues
And we’ll reimburse reasonable expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills and access to your own laptop or computer
- be familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, people from the LGBTQ+ community, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a social media volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you, please contact us.